Thursday, September 11, 2008

Walk it Off.. .. ..

It's a saying I've heard forever. When you're upset or angry, "walk it off". Take a small break, leave the room, and it'll all be better.

BUT, I must say, literally "walking it off" is fantastic!! I have started walking almost nightly with a friend of mine. If she's not available, I go on my own. I do a couple laps around the block and then head home and rest for a bit before bed.

I must say, my emotional, phyically, and spiritual health have felt so much better. And I SLEEP. Insomnia was really starting to get to me. I just couldn't get my head to shut off. Since I've been walking I fall asleep quickly and rarely wake up during the night.

I seriously feel better overall. So when something is getting to you "WALK IT OFF" .. .. .. it really does work!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Doesn't walking from the car to the house count?