Friday, September 26, 2008

Jo's Big Update!

Jonah's parent-teacher conference went GREAT. His teacher said he's been doing well on his work and getting along well in class. He said his reading needs to improve, which I've known. Jonah does NOT enjoy reading or anything "English" related.

BUT he does love math. And he's always excelled at it. So much so that he tested on an 8th grade level!!! He's in SIXTH grade right now. He's been recommended to the GATE program, an advanced class to help challenge him so he doesn't get bored. It's a huge honor to be accepted to GATE and I am soooo flippin' proud.

I am also proud and happy that Jonah is taking the initative to do well. I have not been checking his homework or correcting it. I told him at the beginning of the year that I trust him to get his work done, done right, and turned in. I told him that I would not micro-manage him unless he gave me reason to. So far, the teacher says there is no reason to, that Jonah is doing what he needs to get done. I am so proud of him for doing as he promised and taking care of his responsibilities.

I must say, it's hard to watch your kids grow up, but there is so much pride in seeing them develop into responsible young men.. .. ..

No comments: