Sunday, September 7, 2008

Enough is Enough??

How much do you take before you say enough is enough? When do you say I won't take it anymore and quit trying and just cut off all contact?

Is it when you get beat down to the point of doubting all self worth?

When you are told "I hope you die soon"?

How about when you find out their anniversary somehow overlaps your relationship ... though you were "never cheated on"??

I guess I know the answer. I guess I am just having a hard time knowing that I have to become the coldhearted person I am accussed of being and just cut off all communication, all ties, all connections.

I am just not a mean person. I care about people and I give chance after chance. But I guess I'm finally at the point where I can't allow myself to be hurt anymore and I have to sever any connection I had, any compassion I felt, and care I still have. It's blatently obvious she doesn't care and hasn't for a long time.

Maybe I should have just one more conversation with her, just to find out how to be a heartless S.O.B. .. .. .. It obviously makes things much easier.

No comments: