Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today is a New Day.. .. ..

That is the words I start my day by every day now. When I wake up I tell myself, "Today is a New Day" and I say a short prayer, meditate for minute, and then get up and get moving. It's amazing how taking just a few moments to align your mind and heart for the day starts you off refreshed and ready to face the world.

Today is going to be an exciting day. It's parent-teacher conference day! I will get to meet Jonah's teacher and see how he's doing. I asked him this morning if there was anything I should know before meeting his teacher. He paused, then said, "Yes, there is". He proceeded to tell me that he had a few late assignments in the beginning of the year. He said they were penmenship papers, practicing his cursive writing. He says that he did get them in, but they were late. He lost them on his desk at home. So we talked about how we can organize his desk better and we're going to go get bins for him to store stuff in and clean off his desk a little. I told him I was proud of him for being honest with me and that we'll see how the meeting goes and we'll figure it out from there. The maturity he showed in opening up to me was so impressive though and I was so proud of him. So I am looking forward to meeting the teacher and seeing his viewpoint on things and going from there. But, regardless of what is said, I am proud of Jonah for being honest and owning his mistakes. He is showing maturity some adults I know still don't!!!

That's the big news for the day, and an update is sure to come tomorrow.

My only other objective tonight is to *hopefully* finish my book. I am on the edge of my seat wanting to know how it ends!!! LOL.

No comments: