Monday, September 15, 2008

I like the boys in the band.. .. ..

Jo's my all time favorite!!

LOL!! Jo has joined the school band! He has always been wishy-washy with what activities he wants to do. He's tried baseball, soccer, basketball.... None really worked out (though he says he wants to try soccer again next year). This year he decided he wanted to try band! So I rented his equipment and his first class is Wednesday!! Oh, and - lucky me - he's trying DRUMS. LOL. It' s actually one drum and a percussion set, so we'll see how it goes. How many days of 30 minute practices I can handle before I evict him to the garage. LOL.

Jo also won a free ticket to go to Walking with Dinosaurs tonight. It's about an hour away, and it'll be a late night for the boys, but I am so proud of him and wouldn't want him to miss it. The sixth-grade kids had to write a story about their favorite dinosaur then the top ones were in a drawing for a free ticket and Jo won. He really did well with this story, and since it's a reward for good classwork there's no way I want him to miss it!!

And, one more tidbit about Jo.. .. .. well, the Tooth Fairy was way slacking. She's been tired and has fallen asleep almost immediately after the boys every night (yes, their bedtime is 8... pathetic, I know). Well, finally on Friday Jo comes into the room as I'm ironing my clothes. He says to me, so matter-of-factly,

"Mom, I know the tooth fairy isn't real, so can I just have my money??"

I lost it I was laughing so hard. And then he proceeds to tell me he's known for awhile that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real too but he still played along to make us happy. Well, the cats out of the bag, huh?? LOL So I just asked that he keep it fun and a secret for Lo and gave him his money.. .. ..

5 comments:

MylissaLynn said...

Jenn ~

Walking with the Dinosaurs is AWESOME! Definitely worth the late night.

Hope you and the boys have a great time.

J and D said...

I hope he gets a raise from the tooth fairy since he had to come hunt the money down. LOL

Cyn said...

Too funny. My 11 year old is still waiting for the tooth fairy for her last molar.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!! Your son is too funny! :)
-Rebekah Rose

Jenn.. .. .. said...

Jo does crack me up often and YES, he got a few bonus bucks. LOL.

We are going to the dinosaurs tomorrow... Wednesday was sold out. BUT the boys are wayyy excited!