Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thinking.. .. ..

I know, be careful not to hurt myself!! hehe. I have been thinking and reflecting way too much lately. I think sometimes I OVERTHINK things and just give myself a big headache.

Really, if I stop thinking and focusing so much I realize that life is good and things don't have to be perfect, they don't have to make perfect sense, I don't have to have a perfect plan.. .. .. I just have to follow my heart and have faith that it's all the way it's supposed to be. I find it much easier to deal with the ins and outs of life if I do that.

I think it's easy to get caught up in the past. To worry too much about the future. To forget that the present is only here for a short time. Why waste time worrying about everything else when the here-and-now is pretty dang good?

We cannot control the people around us. We cannot change ANYONE else. But if we learn and love through acceptance and patience then we can make the best of any situation.

A great, great friend posted a quote yesterday that was right what I needed, right when I needed it.. .. ..

"Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today."

No comments: