Monday, October 13, 2008

An Amazing Weekend.. .. ..

This weekend were the BABY SHOWERS!!! I cannot begin to express what a wonderful, blessed weekend it was. Most importantly I got to spend time with the most amazing family, so full of love and support and kindness. We had such a great time with everyone!!

Friday when we arrived we went to visit with Jenn (mom) and S (big sis). S was sooo excited to see her baby sister! She ran up and gave me a big hug then gave my stomach a big hug and kiss. She just rubbed on my belly and smiled so big. It was such a priceless, precious moment. Jenn and I got to visit for a bit, then the boys and I headed off to L & L's (Mike's parents) for dinner and a sleepover!! We met at a restaurant and visited for a bit. I think they were both surprised at how BIG I have grown since the last time we were together!! We were all wiped out and went to bed shortly after getting back to the house.. .. ..

Saturday morning the boys got up and went to watch TV while I got ready. I turned the TV down low, as to not disturb L & L and hopefully let them sleep. Well, Papa L came downstairs and hooked the boys up with headphones so they could hear better. It was SOOOOOO cute seeing them sitting in their chairs with the headsets on watching cartoons!!! While Grandma L and I went off to baby shower#1 Jonah and Logan stayed with Papa L to go on a hike!! They live right next to an area of old Indian grounds and a waterfall with lots of trails to explore. The boys were so excited. They packed lunches and drinks and headed off. (The boys later went on and on about how AWESOME it was and what a GREAT time they had!!!) Grandma L and I went off to the first baby shower.. .. ..

The Saturday shower was hosted by Jenn's friends Marti, Elise, and her mom H. It was a BEAUTIFUL tea-party. We had tea sandwhiches and delicious desserts!! We played a super fun game and opened presents... after presents... after presents!!!! Jenn received soo many gifts. There were so many beautiful outfits and odds-and-ends she'll need with baby-on-the-way. Everyone was so sweet and so excited for Jenn. It was nice to meet friends and family of hers and to see all the love and support she has. After the shower I headed back and picked up the boys to go back to Mike & Jenn's. The rest of the afternoon/evening was restful and just plain wonderful. S and the boys got to play together and she and Logan have the BEST time together. They mesh so well and have become good friends. It's so sweet to watch them interact. S would wander over to me from time to time and rub my belly or lean over and hug and kiss it. Her joy and excitement over baby sister is so evident.. .. .. I cannot WAIT to see them together for the first time!!!!!

On Sunday, Jenn and I had baby shower #2 to attend! The boys and S got the special suprise of getting to go to Chuck*E*Cheese with S's cousins!! They were all so excited!! They went off their direction and we went to the cutest little cafe for the shower. This shower was hosted by Grandma L's friend Gerri, who was very generous and gracious in giving the shower. Most of the women there were friends of L's from bridge, tennis, and bike riding. They were a HOOT!! They were all so sweet and ... grandmotherly, lol. They showed Jenn so much love and excitement. I also got to meet more of the family - Papa L's daughter and daughter-in-law and Grandma L's son's girlfriend, Barbara. Barbara and I had such a good time, giggling in the back corner. It was so nice to meet all of them and hopefully we'll see eachother again!!! Jenn again received so many amazing presents and great clothes and gear for the baby.

The abundance of love from ALL of the family and friends was so heartwarming. Not only will this child be surrounded by love from her immediate family, but there is a whole network of people who love and adore her.

I do have to add that I was very loved and appreciated as well. All of the family and friends were so appreciative and caring toward me. Jenn's mom gave me a BEAUTIFUL teapot to remember Saturday's tea party and I will always hold treasured memories when I look at it. Barbara gave me a gift bag of Burts Bees bath goodies to pamper myself. Gerri gave me a big bottle of White Diamonds perfume. And Jenn and Mike gave me a gift card for NY&Co, so after their baby is here I can spoil myself to a new outfit!! I felt like a princess, so spoiled. I was very humbled by all the love and generosity to myself, and especially to Jenn.

I must say, the one thing that clenched my heart more than once was the sentiment of Jenn, her mom, and grandma L. I overheard from each - at seperate times when asked about our relationship after birth - that we would always be in touch. The one that caught my ear - and heart - the most was when Jenn's mom told one lady, "OF COURSE we'll keep in touch. They are part of our family." Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

People say that they worry about getting attached to the baby. I am attached in the sense I feel so responsible to her and her family to make sure she's healthy. BUT I am sooo very attached to her family, who has shown me so much love, support, kindness, and care. Beyond that, they have made me feel like family and that will always be such an amazing love and gift from them.

I know that some of them read this blog, and if they are reading, I want them to know how much their love and kind spirits touch my heart - and my boys - and that you will all ALWAYS be our family, too!!! xoxoxoxo And, I cannot wait to see them all again .. .. .. the next time will be when we welcome this precious girl into this world and into the most AMAZING family!!!!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

It sounds like a great weekend. I agree it's a wonderful feeling to know that you and your relationship with the family and extended family is important to them too.