Monday, October 6, 2008

My Sunday 'Date' With Jonah

Yesterday was such a great day for my oldest son, Jonah, and me. We dropped off Logan with my mom early in the afternoon then had a good lunch with my friend. After that we took off to Fresno to see "So You Think You Can Dance" live that evening. Well, we had PLENTY of time to kill, so we hung out together. We went shopping a bit. Got the boys new shoes - since their feet have grown AGAIN!! We got winter jackets and a piece of luggage for the boys for our trip this holiday season.. .. ..

THEN we went to Boomers! and played arcade games together! We had so much fun, laughing, playing, and talking the afternoon away. It was cool to just have that one-on-one time together!

We went to the show and had a BLAST!!!! Jonah was just awe-struck. We were so close that we almost got splashed with their sweat!! They did some of the very best routines of last season and Jo was hooting and hollering the whole time! I got him a t-shirt and a poster - the t-shirt is being worn today, the poster is going above his bed, lol. He had such an amazing time and the smile on his face was priceless!!!

We didn't get home until super late (the show was almost three hours!), but it was worth every second and every bit of sleepiness today.

I decided we need more time like that. I hope that I'll get to spend more one-on-one time with him from now on. The age he's at and everything that's going on really deems a need for it.

And, we both enjoyed it so very very much.. .. ..

No comments: