Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kid Funnies, Take Two

Okay, so Jonah cracked me up the other night. We have always been open with him about alcohol. He did take a sip of beer once to taste it and HATED it. I think being open with your kids about drugs, alcohol, etc, is important and keeps them from wanting to play with the "unknown".

Anywho, every once in a while I'll tell Jonah "I had a long day, have a drink for me... take one for the team." He laughs and says, "MOM, kids do not drink!!" I always say, "Just testing to make sure you still feel that way."

SOOO the other night we were coming back from Modesto. I turned to go toward the house and Jonah asked why I turned. I laughed and told him that I was driving home. He says... "Oh, duh, I must be drunk." We both laughed and I said, "Jo you TOLD me you don't drink!!" He said, "Well, you told me to take one for the team!!" LOL I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face. He just giggled and said, "That was a good one, huh?" Yea, buddy, it was.. .. ..

Logan spits out funny stuff all the time, though I can't think of one thing right now. LOL. OH he has discovered a new word.. .. .. 'finally'. So now it's 'finally' everything.. .. .. "Mom WE ARE HOME FINALLY"... "Can we eat finally?" ... everything is finally now.. .. ..

OH there was one thing. The other night I got a little upset and was crying. Logan came up to me, grabbed my face, and said - oh so seriously - "Mommy don't cry. Let's talk about it". All I could do is laugh at that point.. .. ..

God love the children and all their character!!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

What would we do without our children? I know this is why I carry for others!