Monday, May 11, 2009

Bestest Birthday EVER!!

This weekend was so great. My best friend Nikki flew in for my birthday, which made it that much better. So, here's how it went, Cliff's Notes version.. .. ..

Friday
Woke up and got the kiddos off to school/daycare. Got breakfast to take out to the guys at work. Nikki got to see where I work and tour the poo-plant. = ) The guys had all pitched in and got me a carmel-apple cheesecake and a gift card to Jamba Juice!! Yummy!! We left there and went to have lunch with my friend Mary. It was an awesome lunch with my two bestest friends!! After lunch Nikki and I went shopping for the food for Saturday's party. Then we went and got pedicures. Ahhh, that was SO nice. So refreshing!! Friday night was softball... then...

We went out. I will just say I remember *some* of the night. I haven't drank so much (or been so sick) since my 21st. Glad it's the last time I will be drinking for a long time. But it was so awesome and so much fun. I had a great group with me - Nikki, Mary, Patience, Jeff, T.J. (my baby brother!!), and my friend Andrew. It was such a great time.

Saturday
I actually felt *okay*. Probably from purging all the night before. = ) We started straightening up then went to T-ball for Logan. He did well - as always - but we were ready to eat after! We went to my favorite place for Stromboli (yummy again) then headed home to cook, cook, cook. As always there was MORE than enough food. Saturday night we had a little over 20 people over. Mary's husband Ron bbq'd for me (yummy tri-tip) and Frank Sr. brought his signature potatoes and cheesy bread (oh my favorites). I did ONE jello shot and felt sick again, so no drinking for me. =) But we had such a great time. Kelly brought over her daughter Presley, who is almost one and getting so big (lub her). My friend Mandi, who I haven't seen in quite awhile, showed up with Kelly!! Erica came down with her girls from Mo-town!! All my favorite softball friends (minus Allison = ( ) came over. My mom, brother, Patience, and Jeff. F was there ... It was such a great time!!!

And I got some wonderful presents. F gave me a beautiful plant and a Van Morrison CD. Which is very special to the two of us and reminded me how much he does think of the small things. xoxo. Nikki gave me a beautiful frame with a picture of us and a nice wall hanging. And a pedicure. And food... she - as always - was too good for me. I got bath and body works stuff. An amazing, beautiful bracelet that Erica made for me and a picture. And a few gift cards and $$$. A beautiful sunflowers chime.

OH and the coolest present. Teehee. A gc for ... POLE DANCING CLASSES!!!! Hehehehe. I was talking to Mary about them one day and she, Tricia, and Sarah went in together and got me a gc. I am sooo excited. I will have to check it out soon to see when I can get in and do them. Soooo much fun!! Teehee

Sunday
We had a relaxing day on Sunday. We were kinda lazy in the morning, then headed up to San Fran around noon. We took the boys to the Exploratorium, which was a lot of fun. I think Logan was a little overwhelmed by all of it. He seemed to be just so amazed and in awe. After that we went to the wharf for dinner then it was time for Nikki to go to the airport. Which is always a sad point in the trip. = (

We had a good visit, though it was much too rushed. A lot for one little weekend. And I just want to sleep now. Early to bed this week for sure!!! But it was so worth it. It was the best birthday ever!!

No comments: