Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today...

Is a little better than yesterday ... baby steps, right?

I saw a sign today at daycare. It's probably been there forever, but I just noticed it today. It says, "Faith is hope when you don't understand". I think I need more faith...

I will say, last night was better. I was surprised I did so well. Tuesday was supposed to be our standing date night. We were supposed to get together and watch the Biggest Loser (we had already picked our favorite team) and spend time together. So I was dreading last night ... big time ... and considered not even watching my favorite show. BUT I refuse to let this sadness and void rule my life.

Before Biggest Loser time, though, I helped my friend out with transporting her kids around. She had somewhere to be, her husband somewhere else, and her kids yet another place. So I brought them home to her. This is the friend that hooked M & I up.... So she asked what was wrong and I told her. She was so shocked and disappointed. She apologized and I told her there was no need; she couldn't have known this would happen... heck, I didn't know until it did. I was (am) pretty stunned too. It did help to talk things through with her, though. I know I have exhausted other friends. I just don't "get" it, so talking I find myself talking it through over and over, trying to make sense of it.

Anyways, I got home and was determined I was NOT going to give up watching BL because of this. I already am switching the radio every time Rascal Flatts comes on (the concert we had planned to go to together). So no more power over me!!

And I started watching the show. And I found myself thinking of last week, laying on the couch together watching it together. We would randomly look at each other ... nothing said, just staring at each other and smiling. That connection. That peace. That pure happiness. And I found myself smiling. What we share is something so special. We could say nothing and say a million things all at once. We were ourselves. It was easy.

I want to love and embrace those things. I want to remember and enjoy what we had. That was real. And it was awesome. I know that the love I want, the relationship I want IS possible. Would I love to share it with M, since we so obviously have it? Absolutely. However if he is unable or doesn't want to share it with me, at least I know it can exist. It may take a long time to find again ... I deserve that relationship. And I won't settle for anything less. Do I still hope and pray he has a V8 moment and we start over and share that again? Absolutely. I won't just sit and cry though. I will pray and I will have faith (see above) and I will continue forward. I do hope he catches up, however I cannot just stand still.

Mornings are the hardest time. We always messaged good morning. And I would tell him to be safe, and we missed each other and have a good day. So maybe putting it here will relieve some of the grief of not being able to tell him.. .. .. =(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a better day today. I am here if you need to talk.