Thursday, December 4, 2008

Take me as I am or don't take me at all.. .. ..

A friend of mine and I were talking tonight. She was laughing at my brutal honestly lately. My unfiltered thoughts here and elsewhere. My new attitude.

I guess I hadn't realized that this new attitude was really emerging until she brought it to my attention. My first reaction was to appologize. I have done that for years. I have been who I was 'supposed' to be, whoever kept those around me happy, and lost track of myself.

I didn't appologize, but said just what I said above, "Well, take me as I am or don't take me at all." Yep, that's my new driving force. I am going to be loyal to ME. I am going to say what I think, do what I want, and be who I am. Not everyone will like me. Not everyone will appreciate the change. BUT I will be loyal to myself, my thoughts, my feelings, and who I am.

Writing that, I feel a little selfish. Then I remember that in order for us to be healthy people we NEED to stay true to ourselves. We need to figure out who we are and stay loyal to that. Either others can appreciate us for who we are and compliment our lives or not.

To be a whole person you have to know who you are, be confident in that person, and move forward with conviction. Stand by who you are. Stand by what you believe, think, and the dreams you follow.

I think others hold you in higher regards when you are a strong, confident person. When you can say with conviction and might "This is me". Consistency and sincerity go a long way.

So, this is my new motto. This is my new drive. I am going to figure myself out. I am going to discern what is "me" and what others want me to be and remain loyal to ME. Some people will appreciate it, some will loathe it.

I, for one, will appreciate it. Just the small changes I have made, the small steps I have taken, excite me and I know I am doing the right thing for me. And it feels so good to feel on the right path.

Things ARE going to be better, things ARE okay, and I am stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.. .. ..

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love the new attitude!!! It is so refreshing to see you focus on YOU!!! Don't worry about what others say, the new you is WONDERFUL!