Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunny Days

Literally the weather is much better finally. The sun is out and that always makes for better days. I don't mind the rain in spurts, but I am awful glad the sun is shining again.

Figuratively, the sun is shining much brighter lately. I guess love does that to life, huh??

Friday night F came over to spend some time.. .. .. And then Saturday ... and again yesterday. We have been spending a lot more time together, though we both agree we still want more. It's crazy, I guess, how much we want to be together. How much adoration we share and how happy we are together. But everything just seems sweeter when he's around. The boys ask for him all the time now. He is so good with them and to them.

Jonah and F are working on their "career" on Guitar Hero. Jonah loves the attention and friendship they are building. Logan has been a little apprehensive ... not of F, but of sharing me with him! But yesterday we had a breakthrough - he told F "This is MY mommy, but she's your Jennifer". We both just laughed, but we knew that was a pretty significant moment. The more time we spend together, the more time we want. We have started discussing the big things of life ... marriage, kids, etc, to make sure we're on the same page with things. We discuss goals and dreams and hopes. And the possibility of sharing those things together.

I am still apprehensive myself. I am scared of getting hurt. So scared. I haven't felt so strong or cared so much in a very long time and I'm terrified of being crushed again. I have told him this ... I have told him he has the ability to do that. He very reassuringly told me that it would kill him to hurt me and he'll protect my heart. I know he genuinely cares and will care for me. I am just scared .. .. ..

OH yesterday was so much fun! I got BABY time!!! My friend had her little girl on Friday and she is beautiful!! SO much hair!! I loved cuddling and snuggling her. Dang baby fever though. It was nice, too, to visit with friends and have some quiet time. And cuddle the sweet little one. Well, relatively little. If you consider a 9 lb newborn little!! What a beauty, though!!

Let's See.. .. .. The boys are doing well. Jonah came down with a wicked double-ear-infection, but the antibiotics are clearing him up. he's still in good spirits (always). Logan had a good weekend with very little trouble to speak of. I am praying for a good day today at daycare. It sucks, having butterflies when I go to pick him up, wondering how bad of a day we had. UGH. I am hoping he outgrows this soon.

This week will be the last quiet one for a few weeks, so I hope to enjoy it. This coming weekend I have a bachelorette party, the next weekend a wedding, the next weekend Vegas ... I am tired just thinking of all of it. AND I need to get all the wedding stuff finished. Only TWO WEEKS. What was I thinking??!! LOL.

I am so glad we are on the tips of Spring. I love this time of year. When everything is fresh and new and hope and possibilities are bountiful!

No comments: