Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stressed

There is so much going on I have to remember to breath. As a matter of fact, a coworker has been very good about making me stop and take deep breaths. Just so much going on.

The wedding is THIS weekend and I still have so much to do. It's my fault. I was going to hammer out a bunch this weekend, but we had T-Ball, then the bachelorette party, and - though I didn't drink - I had to recuperate on Sunday. I don't remember the last time I was out until 3:30 a.m.

So I still have a lot to do for the wedding and now only three days to do it. It WILL get done, but I am feeling the rush setting in. And I want it all to be beautiful and perfect. Saturday the boys and I will leave EARLY to get up to Marysville for the wedding and to set up the reception hall. The wedding is at three so ... oh heck, if I think too much about it I will start to stress again.

Yesterday Jonah came up to me as we were leaving the house to give me a paper ... that said I had parent-teacher conference THAT afternoon!! UGH. Apparently Jo has been lying and NOT finishing all his work and turning it in on time. I was so frustrated. His grades are still OKAY. He is testing below his reading level. Not because he can't read, but because he doesn't want to. However in math he's testing at a 12.9 level. Yes, a graduated senior level in the sixth grade. So we had a good talk last night and then F had a good talk with him. F can relate to him so well and it makes Jo feel a lot better. I was impressed with their interaction and the great response Jo had with F. I was also relieved. I don't "get" Jo's lack of concentration and his disregard for his work. So having someone to relate to and have encourage him is a great thing. And F loves it. He enjoys being a friend to Jo and seeing that he makes a difference. I think he is more upset about Jonah moving than I am. They are just becoming really good friends and then he's moving. I have at least had a while to process it.. .. ..

Logan is actually having a better time at daycare. He's down to 1 - 3 time-outs which isn't good but is better. He is at least trying. My problem now is bedtime. He lays down fine, but I find him 30 minutes later up and playing with toys. I am considering either moving the toys out of the room or taking away the nightlight. He never used it before ... He is smart way beyond his years, as everyone notices, not just me. He is doing well overall with the F situation. He either wants all my attention or all F's attention, but not for us to pay attention to each other. He really loves him, just not sharing me with him. He is adjusting well, though, and it seems the more F is around the better Lo is doing (at home and daycare).

As for me, I wonder if I'll ever be normal again. I am sick again. MRSA flare up again. I was exposed to Strep but instead of getting that it went straight to a MRSA infection. So back on antibiotics for that. Other physical things are going on, which is just too personal to share in my blog. But it's been a rough week. I try and stay optimistic that next week, next month will be better, but ... it gets hard sometimes. Overall, in the grand scheme of things, it could always be worse. I have two great kids, a good job, and someone who loves me insanely. I really shouldn't complain.. .. ..

And, hey, last night I attempted Corned Beef and Cabbage for the first time ever. It was yummilicious!! F even messaged me this morning to tell me how "excellent" it was again. The boys scarfed it down too. Tonight is ribs and noodles, but tomorrow and Friday are yummy leftovers (gives me more time for centerpieces, lol).

Hopefully after this week is over things will be better. Just gotta make it through this one.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

You'll make it through! You always do!
I'd offer you a place to stay Friday night to cut down on the drive Sat, but Logan's got 4 boys over that night already.
Have a great time!!And think of me as you drive through (or near).

J and D said...

can't wait to hear about the wedding.

Wow 12th grade math level. That is amazing.