Thursday, January 15, 2009

You take the good, you take the bad.. .. ..

You take them both and there you have
The facts of life, the facts of life.. .. ..

Sing it with me!! HAHA. Oh this week has had it's share of both.

First, the bad.
1. The cold. I have been fighting a cold for a week and I think it won. I am conceding and going to the doctors today. My ears are hurting today, so it's time to do more than tylenol cold. I hate being sick. Hate it. So, instead of continuing to whine, I'm just going to go in. And hopefully feel better soon. Luckily the boys haven't even shown hints of getting sick, so hopefully I'll just keep it to myself.

2. Logan. He has been ... awful ... this week. I am pretty sure I know why. He acted the same way the last time he had a weekend like this past weekend. As always, I am left to deal with the consequences of others actions. UGH. He has been acting up A LOT at daycare, talking back to me, being rude and nasty and mean, and just downright ugly. I hate having to get tough with him, but otherwise he doesn't listen at all. So I can't give him any "chances" and have to be harsh. Which is hard for me, but it's even harder having to hear Miss C tell me how bad he's been ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday he had so many corners she couldn't keep count or remember what they were all for. He didn't want to eat last night, so he went to bed without dinner. He got up three times, spanked and put back in bed three times. I keep telling myself he WILL learn, but gosh I hate the interim period until he does. Hopefully he'll straighten up again soon. It's wearing on me!

3. Jonah. He is hormonal and going through it. I think that sums it up. LOL. He isn't wanting to do more than bare minimum for school.... he doesn't know if he wants to move now, because he doesn't want to try and make friends.... he doesn't want to do GATE next year because 'I might have to interview or write an essay, and that's too much' (ugh)... He doesn't want to read because 'I just don't like it'... Oh mercy. And this is just the beginning of puberty and hormones and the craziness.. .. .. Lord help me.

The good
1. Family Time. It's still going well. Last night I made homemade lasagna and the kids liked it (Lo just refused to eat to be a butt). The night before we had steak and noodles and broccoli (Lo's favorite). Jonah says I should be chef. Ha!! But they are eating well. I do miss leftovers. Seems no matter how much I make it's gone.. .. .. growing boys. LOL.

2. Wii Fit. 'Nuff said. That thing is awesome. I am telling ya, exercise is good for the body and mind. Even with a cold I force myself to do it and feel a ton better afterwards. Well, at least besides the cold. LOL.

3. Friendships. I have been nurturing my friendships more and I think they are blooming nicely. Its nice to be surrounded by love and support and POSITIVITY. It's nice to be accepted just as you are and meet others where their at. Good stuff, I tell ya.

4. EIGHT WEEKS!! That's how old baby K is today! J emailed me to tell me she's laughing and kicking her legs, flailing her arms. She loves music and sounds to be very happy. It's so wonderful to have a continued relationship with them and get updates. I feel so blessed to be part of something so very special.

So, like I said, ya take the good and the bad, and there's the facts of life. And it's always better when the GOOD outweighs the bad. Now to just kick the cold.. .. ..

No comments: