Monday, January 5, 2009

Off With a Bang!

So, my New Years has started off good! Because I'm determined it will be!!

Thursday I did nothing all day. I don't think I could have if I'd really even tried. I had such a fantastic time on N.Y.E. with my closest of friends. My abs hurt so much from laughing!! The kids had a great time running around with the other kids and playing games and finally konking out shortly after midnight. I woke up on January 1 feeling renewed and hopefully and ... happy.

Friday was a great day, too. I had my six-week post-partum check up. My doctor was shocked to see me so "tiny" as he said. I made him say it again, just to hear it. LOL. According to their scale I officially lost 36 lbs!!! My blood pressure is back to normal - yeehaw!! AND my inners look perfect. He said I am good to get pregnant whenever I want. Not on the agenda any time real soon, but good to know all is well. And since the VBAC was such a success there should be no reason to not do it again! Good news all around!!

I had lunch with one of my favorite people. She is so ... real. It's refreshing and I always enjoy getting together with her (and the girls!!). Lunch was fun and then it was off to home. Lo was at daycare so I decided to surprise Jo with an afternoon movie date. So we went to see Bedtime Stories together. It was a very very cute movie. I enjoy Adam Sandler anyways, but this was quite good. Afterwards we got Logan and came home to crash for the evening.

Saturday was fun. We went to the mall to get me a pair of jeans that fit better. All my 8's were baggy, so I picked up Levi's in a 6 and they are perfect. I needed them for my night out!! hehe. The boys were gone overnight so my friend S and I went out! We went to Applebees for dinner... poor S, I made her watch the Colts with me. Then we hit up a couple bars and had a good ol' time. I ran into some old friends and did a lot of laughing and dancing. I got home about one and passed out - IN MY BED - and slept really good.

Sunday I took the boys to breakfast after I picked them up, then we were lazy at home. We watched football together and I got suckered into Space Chimps after dinner. It was fun, though, hanging out with the boys.

Today, oh today. It was my first day back to work. First FULL TIME day in months. But I made it through and actually got A LOT done. I missed work, missed my peeps. I am very lucky that I love what I do and who I work with. So the day went by fairly well.

Tonight was a milestone. Jo and I packed his bags for 6th grade camp. He has all his necessities, all the snow gear.. .. .. I remember going to camp so vividly. Heck, I liked it so much I went back in High School as a counselor! It's such a right-of-passage, such a huge time in their lives. And my baby will be going tomorrow. I have heard him get up to the bathroom three times. He cannot sleep, he's so nervous. He said he will miss us and got a little nervous lip, but I think once he's there he will have so much fun. I am sending a camera, hopefully he'll remember to use it! I just hope he enjoys every minute of it. I am so excited for him!!

So, that's my year so far. Okay, yea, it's only been 5 days but I am excited that it's been a good 5 days. And I'm determined the next five, and the five after that .... will all be as good. I have learned a lot, grown a lot, in the last seven months and I'm hoping that will help me to make the best of the new year and new opportunities!!

Now off to bed for me ... another full time day tomorrow!! lol.. .. ..

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Sounds like a great start!
Nothing wrong with taking the year 5 days at a time!!

Heather Rodriguez said...

I just needed to say, WAY TO GO on the size SIX jeans!!