Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Know-It-All-Friends.. .. ..

Oh I'm sure you have them too, don't lie. The friends that know-it-all ... that can tell you everything that they know and it'll make life all better??!! Yea, I have those friends.. .. ..

And I feel soooooo lucky!! ROFL. You thought I'd bitch about it, huh? Nope. Not at all. I love having friends who can give me that been-there-done-that point of view. Who can take personal experience and give you insight on how to heal and grow. The friends that can say "I see it going this way" and - even though you know it already and maybe hate it - it's a nice dose of reality. Or, heck, even the occasional "I told you so" or "I knew better" is okay.

Why?

Because we know they care. I know that my friends truly care for me. They would do anything for me, and me anything for them. Only a true friend can think "dang, this might really piss her off" and say it anyways. Only a true friend will be brutally honest with you, even if it might sting. Only a true friend will love you anyways and still be there for you. Even if they DO throw in an "I told you so".

Really, this world is too full of people who will tell you what you want to hear to make you like them. The sugar-coating gives me cavities and I am so tired of it. I have been burned by those people, the ones that cater to whatever you want or need to hear. Ultimately, all they are out for is themselves. And the facade can only last so long.. .. ..

In my opinion, a good friend shoots from the hip. Telling you everything you want to hear doesn't do you any favors. Being honest and forthcoming is the best thing a human can do for another human.

For having sooo much in common, my best friend and I do not agree on a lot lately. She has had to tell me that she doesn't approve or doesn't agree more times than not. She has had to give me reality slaps and make me look at the hard angles of things I'd rather ignore. She has ignored me for as long as she could (maybe a few hours?? lol) to try to NOT say something that might hurt me. But I don't think she understands how much it means to me that she DOESN'T always agree with me. That she WILL give me her opinion. That she challenges me, questions me, and holds me accountable. I can say without hesitation SHE and her friendship have helped form who I am today and have made me a better person. Her love, her honesty, her soul have been such a blessing to me.

Others have reached out and pushed me along.. .. .. Erica, Sarah, Andrea, Jacy, Christy, Heather, Cyn, Amber.. .. .. you ALL have made an impact on me. Beyond what you will even know. Thank you all for that.

Ah, hell, this has turned into a mushy awards-acceptance-speech. Which of you want to smack me?? lol. I blame PMS.. .. .. my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anywho, seriously, friends are best when they are raw and real. And I am beyond blessed with some of the best in the bunches. Remember, friends will appreciate you more when you tell it like it is .. .. .. Love doesn't lie!! ((HUGS)) to all the greatest of friends of mine!!

3 comments:

girliesmama01 said...

I am proud to be acknowleged in your acceptance speech. I am sure glad that we met. Even if it a bit later in life, and even nif you do decide to move across the country.
Oh and when you are done PMSing could you please send some my way, Thanks.

J and D said...

Thanks!!!!! I am glad I am able to be there for you the way you are there for me. :)

Jenn.. .. .. said...

Erica, gladly sending her your way. Especially since she SHOULDN'T be here right now. And dr. says it's just ovulation and will happen again in two weeks. OH the joys.. .. ..

And I'm VERY glad we met, too, and hope we have a looooong friendship!!


J ~ You have been and are a huge support in my life and mean more than you realize!!! HUGS!!!