Monday, June 1, 2009

Perrrrfect Weekend!!

This weekend was by far one of the bestest. It started great and just carried through the weekend.

Friday night was softball. We were short and I got to play first. I haven't played first in years!! So it was so much fun getting back over there. I caught a line drive, took a grounder, and caught all but one (in the dirt) throw. I was so pumped and had such a good time. I hit fairly well all night too, which was just the icing. Afterwards a whole group of us went to the pizza place and hung out. The kids were all running around playing games and having fun. It was so awesome.

Saturday started out great. Logan had t-ball at 9 and it was so nice and cool out. Grandma came out to watch his game, which Logan LOVED. He only has two games left and I can't believe the season has gone by so fast!!

After t-ball we went to my friends daughters first birthday. PJ was so flippin' cute. She got a ton of cute stuff and the boys had a great time. There was water to play in and a mini-pony for rides! Logan thought that was so cool.

I must say, I think *I* had the best time of all. My other friend just foster-adopted a baby, who is 11w old. She has had him for 5 weeks, and the final judgement making him permanently part of their family is August 17th. He is so adorable and loves his mommy sooo much. She let me hold him, change him, feed him ... and he fell asleep on me. My favorite baby thing ever!!! xoxo She actually thanked me for helping her and giving her a little break! HA! It was so my pleasure.

We stayed there until a little after 3. Honestly, I was putting off going home until the last possible moment. I figured the less time home between the party and the date the better. Less freak-out time.

So we got home and I cleaned up the house a little. It wasn't really dirty, but it gave me a good distraction. So about 4:30 I started getting ready. I did my hair/makeup first. I figured if I put off getting dressed until last I wouldn't make 100 changes. Surprisingly, I put on the first choice and didn't change!! LOL. The boys went off to Auntie P's.. .. .. and, right on time, J showed up. He came in while I got my stuff and I showed him around. Then we were off....

He was SUCH a gentleman. He opened the car door for me! What?? LOL. We had great conversation on the way to the restaurant, at the restaurant, and on the way back home. He came in for a bit and we talked some more. Spilling our guts, as he later said. = ) He had to leave and I walked him to the door and he gave me the sweetest hug.. .. ..

As soon as he left I, of course, started to run over everything in my head. Mostly wondering IF/WHEN I would hear from him again. I was still playing it all over in my head when he messaged me. Turns out we BOTH had a great time and want to see each other again. He messaged me again yesterday and hopefully sometime this week he'll confirm a second date. I am still nervous and won't count on it until it's settled, but I must say I'm awful excited. He's a very sweet guy, very cute, and I feel comfortable around him. So, I hope to hear from him again soon!!!!

Sunday was another awesome day, too. Jonah decided he wanted to hang out with P and the girls for the day, so he went off to Columbia State Park with them. Logan and I had a full day planned, too! We went to Manteca to visit Cyn at her daughters softball tournament. I realize every time I'm around her how much I miss her and appreciate her friendship. She's very refreshing. Honest, sincere, and heartfelt. So we had a great time chatting. (At least I did, lol). After softball we headed to Modesto to meet up with Erica and her girls. We let them play at the park for about an hour (which my back sooo appreciated ... awesome burn lines, lol). Then we went to BJ's and enjoyed dinner together. I must say, I was broken-hearted. She's moving and I'm not happy about it. LOL. She'll still only be an hour away, just the opposite direction. We'll still hang out (can't run from me Erica), but I was bummed. =( Anyways, we enjoyed our visit and the kids had a great time. Logan loves both her girls and her youngest and Lo were cracking up. And the kids were great ~ They saved me from myself and ate most of the Pazooki before I could devour all of it. haha, my butt definitely didn't need it!!

After that we meandered on home and I got the kids settled and went for my walk. I love walking, it's so refreshing and it's such a nice time with my friend Mary. We get to chit-chat and it becomes just as good for the soul as the body...

After walking I got the boys ready for bed, settled down, and enjoyed the quiet in the house.

I must say, things are brighter and brighter lately and the sorrows of the past seem so far away. It feels so good to be, plain and simple, HAPPY. xoxo

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I had a great time! I'm so glad we chose to sit away from the bleachers. Bleachers are for serious watching and no conversation. The table was a much better visiting site-especially since I wasn't missing C play.