Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wave your hands and SCREAM!!!

Isn't that what you're supposed to do on a roller coaster?? Right??

So things are always a constant roller coaster. I think that it happens to keep me on my toes. I could probably be a ballerina at this point.. .. .. But I keep learning new lessons, growing stronger, and overall feeling better, so I have to believe it's all part of "the Plan" and go with it.

So now to un-confuse you ... here's the last week in a nutshell.

First, last Tuesday I was given some really upsetting news. The best laid plans had all gone to pot and things came to a screeching halt. I was very upset and disappointed. Obviously it all happens for a reason, the rest of the weekend showed that clear as a bell.

Here's the bad, then we'll go with the good.

This weekend was enough to make me want to scream. Friday night I ran into a guy I used to "hang out with". We still see each other from time to time at work. But not socially. Well, my friends and I were out and ran into him. He was ubber flirty and we danced together, talked about 'old times', and he told me to get a hold of him later. So I messaged him after we left to say "it was great to see you, talk to you soon". Well.... his wife messaged me back. The one he ISN'T separated from and the one that is sitting at home with their 2-yr-old and PREGNANT with another!!!!! I was soooo mad. I do NOT want to be *that woman*. I apologized to her over and over and we text back and forth for a bit. Got that all cleared up but I could kill him.... So all that transpired from Friday night - Sunday ... Monday I get a call from Mr. Disappear. He and I were talking again off and on, nothing serious. I knew he was dating someone else, but we weren't serious and neither were they. However, he calls me Monday to tell me he's sorry, can't talk to me anymore, they are serious, he's confessed everything to her, and he's sorry. REALLY??? I didn't care that he wasn't going to talk to me anymore, I cared that he felt the need to be so damn dramatic about it. So, okay, that's done. Things can't get any more bizarre, right??? NOPE. THEN I get a message, not two hours later, from J, the guy I went on the date with. Saying he really liked my company, I'm great, but .... he and his ex are reconciling!!! OH for goodness sakes. Okay, at this point I'm just done. So done with boys. I still have one I'm talking to ... flirting with. He's super great. A lot of fun. But doesn't live anywhere around here. Maybe that's what I need. A little light-heartedness with no dating or interaction. ROFL. I am just done caring or trying as far as that's concerned though.....

SO, that was the bad. But there has been good too!!!

First, the boys and I had a good weekend. Friday I had ball and they got to spend time with Nana both at my game and then at home. Saturday we had t-ball in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon just hanging out together. Lazy days are nice! Sunday we had a graduation party to go to, so YEA something to look forward to! On our way we stopped at the shoe store. Jonah needed another pair of shoes. YES, he outgrew them AGAIN. So we tried on shoes and found a pair that fit with just a thumb between the toes and the tip. A size 10 in mens. Yes, I typed that right, a 10!!!! Freakin' big foot!!! He stands almost as tall as me already. Ugh, he's growing up too fast. I can only imagine how big he'll be when he comes back next year .. .. ..

Anywho, the graduation party was a lot of fun. A lot of good friends and good food. Jonah ended up staying the night there Sunday ... and Monday. And last night his friend stayed the night with us and will again tonight. I love that he has a friend for slumber parties now, even if it's just a few weeks until he leaves.

Speaking of, these next few weeks are going to be CRAZY. This weekend we're supposed to go to Monterey for pics on the beach. Next weekend the boys are staying with friends while I go to Nascar up in Sonoma and then the next week we all leave. Whaaaa!!! Time has surely flown by.. .. .. =(

HOWEVER, everything is going well. The boys are both happy and doing well (Logan has had NO corners this week!). I am doing well and am happy. Things are just .... good. And what more can we ask for??!!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to hear you sounding strong? Enjoy the last few weeks and keep that chin up!

Jenn.. .. .. said...

Thank you Cyn. I feel incredibly strong. I don't think I would recognize myself if I saw the person I was a year ago. And that makes me happy! It feels great to not always feel on the edge of crumbling. I think it would take A LOT to shake me now! Thanks for the encouragement!!