Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can't Wait!

I can't wait to see the proofs from our pictures!! Sunday was such an awesome day! We went up to Monterey with Tammi and her family. We meandered through shops, looked at the seals (or sea lions? or otters? LOL... even saw one rescued). We had a good lunch and a nice chat just relaxing. Tammi had three sittings (including us) so I got to watch her and R do two engagement sittings. IF I ever get engaged they are doing my photos!! The shots were amazing and you could feel the love and beauty. (I know, I'm a sap). I think our pictures will turn out awesome, too!! We did some on the beach, some on rocks, and a few in a Cypress tree!! The whole day was absolutely awesome!!

Saturday was a great day as well. Logan had his closing ceremonies at t-ball. He got his first trophy and thinks he's pretty hot stuff now!! After that we went to lunch to celebrate, then went home to rest for a bit. The block one up from us was having a block party, so we went over. The kids had a blast in the bounce house. There was yummy bbq, too. AND they invited the sheriff's department and the fire department out!! The kids got to use the fire hose and got soaked! The fireman also showed them the jaws of life and other equipment they use. The Sheriff officers showed the kids the cars, let them use all the lights and sirens, and let them experience (and play with) the handcuffs. The officers were really great with the kids and everyone had a great time! (and a friend gave one of the officers my number, teehee, we'll see if he calls. LOL)

And back-tracking one more day ... Friday night was FUN! Emily and I headed out for the evening and didn't look back! We had so much fun dancing and flirting, laughing, and just hanging out. After the bar closed we hung out with the D.J.'s at Denny's ... an after party indulgence I hadn't done in years and GASP Emily had never done!! The highlight of the night, for me, was running into an old friend/fling from High School. I used to wear his jersey and we went to a dance together ... we chatted for awhile and he got my number. I realllly hope he calls, at least so we can hang out as friends. He's such a sweetheart and I would love to keep in contact.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. Now gearing up for this next weekend ... Last night Mom and I went and did all the shopping for the NASCAR trip. Just three more days!! Whoohooo!!!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Sounds like you had a great time!