Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finally have a second ...

... but just one, so I better make it quick. LOL

Things have been so busy and hectic lately. I'll go from the back forward, though I'm not sure where I last left off. I'll start with NASCAR weekend.

Which was ... AWESOME!! The whole experience was so cool. We camped out which was a fun experience. The whole lot was full of motor homes, tents, and people passed out all over the place. Constant party from Friday ~ Monday! We got there late on Friday night, but that didn't stop us from hanging out with friends. Come 4:30 we finally went to bed. Saturday was a really nice day. We spent the morning hanging out, chit chatting, and laughing our butts off. Early afternoon was the Nationwide race, so we went over to watch that. Afterwards we went back for dinner and ... well, drinking. (though I didn't drink much all weekend ... drinking really doesn't do much for me anymore) We stayed up until 2:30. The group I was with was absolutely awesome. Lots of great conversation and lots and lots of laughter. We played some dominos and listened to music. They all reminisced and told old stories - which was hilarious. Finally we all crashed in anticipation of the BIG DAY! Sunday was an awesome day! Little did I know we had pit passes, which was soooo cool. Literally I stood a foot from KASEY KAHNE!!! I could have reached out and touched him. Of course, I wouldn't have stopped there and a night of jail was not on my agenda. = ) We walked down and saw his pit ... we got to be right at the stage for driver introductions ... it was so cool. The whole race was a lot of fun. Of course, having your driver WIN always makes the day even better. That night I was exhausted and passed out at 10:00 (a good four hours before the rest of the group). But that was okay ... I neeeeeeded sleep.

Monday was probably one of the BEST days I have had in a long time. B and I had a few hours before he had to be back to the airport. So we were going to go to Golden Gate park. Well, we made a few wrong turns which turned out to take us to the right spot ... a gorgeous beach up near Daly City. It was absolutely breathtaking. We walked along the beach, had a great picnic lunch, and then took a short nap on the beach. Words really cannot express how perfect the day was. The quiet time, the closeness, the relaxation ... it was really what my soul needed. Perfect end to a perfect weekend!

The rest of the week went by entirely too fast. There was dinner with friends and family, the Festa, and packing and preparations to be made.

Friday came all too quick. And now the tears begin again ... Friday I put my babies on a plane. I was a little better about Logan leaving by the time I had to load them onto the plane. I hope six weeks will go by fast and he'll be home soon.

Letting Jonah go, though, became suddenly excruciating. My heart shattered into a thousand pieces as I watched him go down the path into the plane. My son, my first born, my baby, was leaving me. I called my mom, sobbing my eyes out. All I could manage to get out was, "please tell me that I'm doing the right thing". We cried together and she consoled me and made me calm down.

I have to say, I am very glad that I jumped on the next plane out of town. I could not have gone home. To be there without my children ... to have to face his empty room ... I would have lost it. I think this week will be good for me to distract me and give me time to process it all.

So... here I sit in Ohio, getting some R&R with my best friend. So far the weekend has been great. A fun bbq with friends yesterday, the NKOTB concert last night, lunch and a movie today ... I'll write a full update on it all later, but now it's time for BBQ brawts and a firepit in the backyard. Good times!!

3 comments:

Cyn said...

So glad you can be with Nik while your heart is processing. For what it's worth, I DO think you're doing the right thing for now and when it's no longer the right thing, then you make a change. It will be good for him and deep down,that's what really matters. But I'm sure it will take a bit of adjustment for you.

Unknown said...

Aww Jenn I just went back and read several posts to catch up. Things have been so crazy for you but you are such a strong woman. I hope we can GTG soon. Many hugs your way enjoy your vacation.

J and D said...

I am glad you had a great time with Nikki. I hope that being home gets easier.