Friday, August 14, 2009

TGI School Time!

My baby is back home!! I missed both my kids sooo much. So so much. It is still hurting a lot that Jo isn't home and I miss him something awful. I talked to him Tuesday and he seems to be adjusting well. It was his second day of JR HIGH. He said he had met some people and was making friends. He's getting used to changing classes and dressing out for PE, which I think was the biggest shock for him. He was pretty held-together when he talked to me, but talking to Logan sent him over the edge and he cried a little. They are best friends, so they are both missing each other a lot. I am hoping it gets easier over time. I know that I have my good moments and bad. As long as Jo is happy, growing, and finding whatever he's looking for then I am happy for and supportive of him.

Now Logan ... Logan is being a pill!! A complete little butt. It's going to be a task to get him back in-line and behaving again. He thinks it's cute to talk back, whine, and throw a fit. So he has been spending a lot of time on time out in bed. It kills me because I just want to spend time with him; we have to get his attitude under control first though. He is very much the "give an inch, I'll take a mile" type personality, so I have to be vigilant to stop it before it gets to bad. I am sure he'll adjust back soon, just a challenge so far.

He does LOVE Kindergarten though and was excited to start and go back today. He says he likes his teacher. I asked what he learned yesterday and he said, "You know, letters, songs, and how to play on the playground... stuff like that." =) He is adorable. This after rolling his eyes that morning at the mom and girl crying good-byes. Mr. Independent!! I am waiting to see how the next few weeks go, but he seems to love it and be adjusting well so far.

This summer was full of traveling and changes for me. I thoroughly enjoyed all my visits. Ohio, Phoenix, and Los Angeles were a blast. Seeing old friends, developing stronger relationships with new friends ... such good times. Three tattoo's later, many memories, and many smiles brought me back home. And, yes, a roller coaster of emotions, relationships, and internal drama. Before I get called out on why I haven't posted in a month!! =)

I also got to see my surrobaby girl while I was in LA. Since I haven't seen the triplets since they were 5 days old it was completely surreal to see her! She is 8 months old, crawling, smiling, cooing, and 'talking'. I got to hold her, snuggle her, and experience her in her own family and life. I was so proud to have helped create her and so blessed to see her interacting with her family, who love her so immensely. What a wonderful experience it was to see a child you carried with such love growing into such an amazing child!! I will always be appreciative to M&J for allowing me to remain part of their family!!

So the summer is at a close now. And it's time for life to settle back down. Which I am quite appreciative for. I am so happy to have my little man home and look forward to seeing him grow and learn this year in his FIRST year of school. Work is going well and I still love going to work every day. I am playing softball and soccer and Logan is starting soccer next week!! Someone I care VERY deeply for from my past has resurfaced and we are building a strong friendship with the foundation for possibly a great relationship. So life is good. And I am happy and at peace.. .. ..

What else could a girl ask for?? xoxoxo

No comments: