Thursday, August 20, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Isn't that the battle we all fight? Life can be so confusing sometimes. And you're not sure what to do; what's best for you, your family, your sanity! I have really tried to make a concerted effort to fully think through my decisions to try and avoid the position of wondering if what I'm doing is the right thing or not. But what do you do when it's not YOU having this issue, but the people around you? Do you stand by and wait to see what they do or do you decide that you must move forward and they can either ante up and come along or be left behind? I guess it really all comes down to what's right for YOU. For me, standing still or moving backwards isn't an option. So I move forward. And as unfortunate as it is, some people might be left behind because of that. Some people say I've become too hardened, too resistant to flexibility and change. I personally think I'm just not going to do it anymore. Not going to compromise myself or modify what I want or need, or damn it deserve, to accommodate others. Really, should a person have to? Hmmm, so much to ponder, so much to weigh...

1 comment:

Cyn said...

As a disclaimer, I have no idea what situation YOU actually are speaking of, but I know what you mean. It's especially difficult in situations with family and LONG time friends. It's almost as though they feel you 'owe them' to stay in a bad spot with them.

You DO deserve it-isn't that what we've been telling you for the past year? YOU deserve anything you want!