Monday, August 17, 2009

First "good" Monday in awhile....

Normally I dread Monday's. Not that I don't like work, I really do. I think it's just that life gets so routine and mundane. And I get restless and just want each week to be over and done with. So it was with great surprise that I woke up this morning and smiled. Happy that another week was starting and wondering what excitement this week would bring.

I am sure that has a lot to do with having a great weekend too. Friday after softball I went on a date, of sorts. We went out to a favorite hang out and had a few drinks, played around, and did a lot of laughing and smiling. It was such a low-key, relaxed, fun time. Much needed!! Saturday was a full day. That morning we had an American Cancer Society pancake breakfast to go to. Then Logan and I went with my friend to a birthday party. It was such a great time. I was nervous; meeting new people still puts me a little on edge, however I ended up being very much at ease and having a great time. Logan had a GREAT time with all the kids!! I was appreciative of that. With Jonah being gone I like to have him around other kids as much as possible... Yesterday was a perfect day. Soccer was great, though we had no subs, so it was also quite the workout. Then we took Logan swimming and headed home for a quiet night of XBox and snuggling. Overall it was just a perfect weekend.. .. ..

This week will be busy but much fun. Tonight we have to get Logan's soccer gear and tomorrow (and Thursday) are his practice nights. I must say, I am so excited to see him out there playing soccer!! I think he'll enjoy it a lot. Friday is softball, last regular game of the season. Then Saturday is opening day for Logan's soccer, and Sunday is another game for me. Things are definitely going to stay busy, but I love it. Life is too short to not enjoy it!!! xoxo

1 comment:

Cyn said...

You're sounding VERY happy! It's so good to hear!!