Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a night.

Last night wasn't fun at all. Yesterday morning I woke up with a killer back ache, which I recognized immediately. Yep, a good ol' kidney infection. Sucks having only one good kidney. So off to the doctor I went ... confirmed and antibiotics prescribed. Today it's killing me and I need to send a report for the boss, but he's not in yet, and I'm not sure I can make it much longer. The report may need to wait until tomorrow, I think my bed is calling me...

Logan was a poop last night too. We went to get his soccer gear and he kept walking off. I don't know where he got the idea that he's the boss and in charge, but he's about to get knocked down a few pegs... and soon. When we got home I tried to get him to do him homework, which he fought me on. I finally just sent him to bed. Between the migraine that had developed, the kidney pain that makes it hurt to breath, and his attitude I was done. Apparently he was too, as he was asleep in less than 5 minutes. I just keep praying for peace and patience ... hopefully soon that will come.

My heart is so heavy today too. So much turmoil and uncertainty.

I really think it's just time to go home, take a pill (or two), and go back to sleep for a bit ... oh and the serial-killer-hunting-me-nightmares didn't help either.. .. .. **long sigh**

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I've got to say my mundane dreams of doing regular day to day stuff isn't a whole lot better. It's hard to get any rest when you're 'reliving' the book you just read or sweeping and mopping the house. What I would give for a dream that really felt like a dream.

Sorry your in pain. I would anticipate that Logan is going to be dog tired for the first few weeks of school and perhaps try to keep a set schedule with an early bedtime. It doesn't seem much different from being at daycare each day, but it is. He's just trying to figure things out-try to stay consistent and it should get better.
Hope the meds kick in fast for you!