Monday, July 13, 2009

Busy busy busy....

This weekend went by entirely too fast. I have been non-stop since ... awhile!!

Thursday was a good day. I worked the farmers market during the evening, so I got out of the house and got some OT. YEA!! Afterwards a few of us went out for a few drinks. It was the first time I had hung-out with one of them and we had a great time. She's a people watcher (and commenter) too so that was a riot.

Friday night we had softball. Of course it was against the team that spanks us every time. They used to be in a higher league, but registration was down and only one league formed this season. So we got our spanking and then chilled out after the game for a bit. I went home and got ready to hang out with my friend Mandi. We have been friends since grade school, but don't seem to see each other nearly enough!! We had such a good evening though! We both made a promise to try and do it more often! No excuses!!

On the way home from there I messaged B.... Long story short, I went up to where he was staying and we had a nice long talk. Cliff's Notes: I am giving him another chance. He knows he was wrong, he knows I won't put up with it again, and he knows he has a good thing and better now blow it. That said, I didn't rearrange my weekend for him. I still kept all my plans and saw him around those things. He needed to know I was serious and that things aren't "all better" and completely healed!! So ... we'll see where that goes....

So anyways ... Saturday. I was so excited to get to meet my friend from Maryland!! She's doing a cross-country trip and stopped in Turlock to visit with me and another friend of ours. She was so absolutely genuine. Just like I've always known her to be!! We hung out around the pool (even through the rain ... yes, RAIN??!!). Then met some of T's friends and just hung out and laughed for a bit.

After that I headed back to town to a GTG with work folk. We ordered the UFC fights!! Whoohoo. The fights were good and a lot of fun. Good friends, good food, and good entertainment!! LOL. After that I headed to a friends birthday party. The bar he chose was a complete dive, so not much dancing or doing anything but watch over your shoulder. But it was his birthday and so we were there to celebrate with him.

Sunday was a great day, too. I will actually make a post of it's own for the highlight of the day ... SOCCER!! Yes, I am playing soccer again. After that I crashed out. Between the weekend and then the game I was just spent!!!

This week is another busy one ... I need to go see Momma Ardene and then Wednesday B is back for his grandma's funeral. Friday morning I fly out to Phoenix for the weekend!!! Whooohoooo!! I can't wait for my mini-vacation!!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Since the invitation to Lodi was mostly to help keep you busy, I won't even mention the 10am blow off. You were busy, occupied and having a great time and that was really all I wanted, so it's ok that it wasn't with me. We will be in Stockton this weekend though if you run out of activities.

Soccer? What else do I not know about you?