Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar

At least for today.. .. ..

I could actually feel the stress today at work. It's going to be a long week. Actually, I think from here until the end of the year is going to be long. We are having our - seems like - annual "coaching" this week. Today was interviews with the Risk Management guy, G, and Friday we have our big pow-wow and meeting of the minds. Overall everyone at work gets along, except for a few distinct lines in the sand. Of course those are an issue of great discord and therefore the need for coaching. Ugh, seriously, aren't we all adults.. .. ..

Today was also a union meeting. I am on the board of the union as the secretary, which is probably a good thing. I have to concentrate on taking minutes so I can't speak up as much. And y'all know opinionated me.. .. .. Some people just burn my behind though. Today, and for some time to come, we are having to focus on jobs and cuts and what to do. It is inevitable the city manager is going to ask us to cut back. Actually, all departments have been required to cut 12% off next years budget, equalling over $7.5 million. For a lot of departments their only budget is staff.. .. .. Which will force us to look at layoffs and/or furlough days. However some people just want to focus on what everyone ELSE should do instead of what THEY can do to help. For crimeny sakes, how hard is it to realize we ALL have to work together so we can ALL at least KEEP our jobs. Some people!! Anywho, since I am on the board I will have a lot of meetings coming up to discuss our stance and protect our workers. And we are renegotiating our contract this year. Good times. All we are really hoping for at this point is job retention. Scary to even have to think about that.. .. ..

On the boy front.. .. .. I emailed 'said guy' from the last post (or one before or, well, down there somewhere). I decided I at least deserved some sort of explanation, so I sent an email. If he doesn't respond I'll just Carrie Underwood him. Just kidding, if you got what I was saying. Nah, seriously, just an explanation is all I am asking. I hate feeling left in the dark. I also met someone else on Saturday, but have no expectations there. We'll see. *rolling eyes*

And I went back to the doctor today. Sinus infection. FUN. So I started the Z-Pack today and should be better by Wednesday. However I heard from J tonight and she was headed to the ER with Baby K. Apparently she isn't doing so hot. Sick, fussy, not eating. So they are getting her checked out. They need to find out why some of her platelets are low, so I am going to see if the same tests were run on me and get my results. If not, I will probably have them run just to compare for Baby K. I hate that she's been so sick and will super hate it if it has anything to do with me. Though I can't see how, I will still feel terrible if somehow it's related at all.. .. ..

Good news is I did get to exercise tonight. Well, I got to walk. I did a quick mile and then came back in. For having rained most of the day it's remained relatively warm. And 10 more days (at least) forcasted for rain. I am soooo over it. Spring and Summer cannot get here soon enough. (and, with Spring comes SOFTBALL!!!!)

So tomorrow is a new day. Though Saturday cannot come soon enough. Another meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday, and all day training on Friday.. .. .. Calgon take me away!!

No comments: