Monday, October 5, 2009

Wonderful weekend and new possibilities.. .. ..

This weekend was really good. Surprisingly good.

Friday night I had a date. I was set up with this guy by a very close friend of mine. She said he's a sweetheart and thought we'd click. So, why not??

The first thing that impressed me about him was his take-charge attitude. Instead of beating around the bush, he just straight out asked me out. Then he asked if I'm okay with surprises and set up the date and just told me what time to be ready. It was nice not having to make any decisions or figure out anything beyond what to wear.

So I wasn't really nervous OR excited about the date. I felt really relaxed and just viewed it as an opportunity to hang out with someone new.

The date ended up being fantastic. He (N) picked me up right on time and we instantly clicked. I was good to keep conversation light and had low-key talk and banter. He took me to play putt-putt which I LOVE. And it's such a fun, light-spirited thing to do. Provided plenty of time to hang out and talk and be goofy and silly. Which we did all the above. We ended up golfing all three courses and had such a fantastic time. After that we played some air hockey. Then we were off to "part two" of the date. :) He took me to Marie Calendar's for dessert! We had such good conversation and just really enjoyed the company!

Afterwards he took me home and stayed until 4 am. We got to know each other, but I was careful to keep a lot back. I have two 'major' things I think is important to share, and did, and he wasn't phased by either. Besides that, though, I kept the conversation more on him and a little lighter, for the most part.

Saturday was going to be a low-key, hang around the house kind of day. Logan was chilling and I decided to ask N if he wanted to just come hang out. So he did. What surprised me the most was Logan's immediate draw to him. Which surprised and worried me. Lately Logan has had an ambivalence towards people...not really interested in making new friends. I was kinda counting on that when I invited N over. But within five minutes Lo was showing him toys and before I knew it they were building Lego spaceships and flying them around the house. They definitely instantly clicked. N stayed and hung out throughout the evening and we all three were having a good time.

Sunday he came back again, for my soccer game. He came back to the house for just a few before Lo and I had to go to a football party and N had to go home to sleep before work. (He is a police officer, working through the nights). Logan was very upset that he was not staying with us. I really feel bad about that because what if it doesn't work?? hmpf.

I am a wee bit confused with N. I like him. He is very very sweet and treats me like a princess. The things he says and does blows my mind. I have absolutely no doubt he would hurt me like I have been hurt. And I look forward to talking to him again and seeing him again. I just feel almost too comfortable ... I don't even know how to explain it. We'll just have to see how it goes I suppose. I will say, it was a very nice weekend. I am just very hesitant. Very guarded. So we will see.. .. ..

Overall though I am very happy besides this situation. I feel good about things again. I had a great day with my friends yesterday. This week is busy with friends and sports. ((OH I am going to start playing softball on Friday nights, too!)) And we'll see what the weekend holds. I am just happy right now and that feels good!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Aw Jenn! I am glad life is in a comfortable place for you right now - it is good to be happy just as you are and then if a great relationship comes along it is icing on an already fabulous cake! :) I look forward to hearing how things progress, and will keep my fingers crossed! :D